Inova Health System (IHS) is a not-for-profit health care system based in Northern Virginia. IHS needed a focal point to engage visitors on its redesigned heart and vascular website. Goals of the redesign included consumer education, increased web traffic and lead generation for the heart and vascular practice.
Known for its innovative marketing tactics, IHS required an online means to effectively engage, identify and educate its community on specific health conditions and their associated risks. Inova Health System licensed the Medicom Health Heart Health Profiler in September 2011, and due to that profiler’s success, IHS has licensed three additional profilers.
- Optimized search through a pay-per-click campaign
- Promotion through social media channels
- A call center contacts at-risk consumers to schedule appointments.
During the first four months of the campaign:
- 133 at-risk consumers had a follow-up encounter with Inova Health System, of which, 15 became new patients.
- 28 of the users were seen for cardiovascular needs and the remainder by other service lines.
After 12 months:
- 38 heart surgery procedures had been performed on patients who had taken the online assessment.
The EVALIA Heart Health Profiler is one of the most valuable additions to our site. Not only is it a great way to build engagement with visitors, but we are now using other forms of marketing/communication to encourage people to complete our heart quiz.
Director, Digital Marketing
Inova Health System
About Inova Health System
Inova is a not-for-profit health care system based in Northern Virginia that serves more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova’s five hospitals include more than 1,700 licensed beds and 16,000 employees. Inova encompasses the full array of health services, including the area’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level IV neonatal intensive care unit. Inova is also home to nationally- and internationally-recognized Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI), Inova Translational Medicine Institute (ITMI) (focusing on genomics research), Inova Neuroscience Institute, and Inova Children’s Hospital.