It’s true that sometimes bigger isn’t always better. Software Engineer Craig Zeise proved just that when he joined Medicom.
Craig accumulated a handful of his engineering experience from a large company, but eventually gained a different interest for the medical field to utilize his skills, especially in a much smaller organizational setting. When he joined, Medicom Health was a fresh company, but his risk-taking gut told him to just go for it…and it was right!
He’s held many roles at Medicom Health ranging from Quality Assurance to Technical Design. However as soon as his roles started piling up, he realized that his strongest passion lies in software engineering. He worked fast to stay up-to-date with recent web developments and eventually gained the position he wanted. Now, he appreciates being able to be a part of the decision-making process and a collaborative work environment.
Today, Craig spends most of his time improving our health risk assessments by strategizing the framework for new features & collaborating on the best direction to take.
Fun Facts about Craig:
- I ran cross country and track at Buena Vista University. I wasn’t that great, but it sure was fun. I still enjoy running to this day, though at a much slower pace than I used to.
- Biking is my preferred mode of transportation. I strive to live a “low-car” lifestyle.
- I’ve been a member of the legendary First-Avenue Music Club since 2012.
- I’m a big fan of our local craft beer scene. It’s a good thing I still run! Dangerous Man and Barrel Theory are probably my two favorite local breweries right now.
- I love reading and am always reading something. Fantasy and science fiction is my jam, but I attend the local Books & Bars book club pretty regularly which keeps me reading all sorts of different things.
- My life motto, and favorite quote, comes from J.R.R. Tolkien: “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
As a graduate of the University of Minnesota, Shoua's background in pharmacy, payors, and financial services help her understand the challenges healthcare marketers are facing today.
Her favorite quote is: “If it doesn’t challenge you, you’re not growing.”
Latest posts by Shoua Thao (see all)
- News:New Bladder Control Health Risk Assessment - April 1, 2019
- Staff Spotlight:Luke Ylvisaker: (prounounced YIL-ve-Sah-ker) - February 18, 2019
- News:HITRUST Security Changes - February 6, 2019