Being a UX designer professional and enthusiast, Dave’s pretty much done it all! He has accumulated a wide spectrum of design experiences that began with web designing in MN, to media design in NY, then taking 180 degree turn back to MN into designing “brainy” toys for kids. It wasn’t until he entered the healthcare industry in 2011 where he found a deeper passion that correlated with his design abilities.
In 2016, Dave joined Medicom and immediately felt at home. A start-up size and family feel provided a perfect platform for Dave to portray his UX experience in real-time. He immediately recognized that not only will he be able to grow and work with a compatible group to build real products, but the work itself creates a positive health impact. Dave takes pleasure in making sure our HRA designs are easy to understand across all levels of online users. Some of this includes reducing cognitive strain, readability, making sure colors are visible enough and many more.
You can usually find Dave in front of a MacBook prototyping new software designed by our engineers to improve the user experience interaction with our HRAs. Or watching his favorite Netflix binge, Stranger Things.
- I love to draw. I always want to draw. I often sketch technological ideas, sometimes I draw portrait or real-life things, and other times representative or abstract concepts.
Going to brunch – what do you order?
- Breakfast Burrito
Cat or Dog?
- I share my home with the world’s-friendliest hound dog, Ellie.
Work motto/Favorite quote:
- As a designer: “Don’t put things into the world that you don’t think belong in the world.”
Hashtag to describe you:
Best part of your job:
- There is nothing else like planning an experience, working with psychology and empathy, and preparing something for other humans to interact with and watching it propagate out into the world and then seeing it bring real positive value to people’s lives.
As a graduate of the University of Minnesota, Shoua's background in pharmacy, payors, and financial services help her understand the challenges healthcare marketers are facing today.
Her favorite quote is: “If it doesn’t challenge you, you’re not growing.”
Latest posts by Shoua Thao (see all)
- News:New Bladder Control Health Risk Assessment - April 1, 2019
- Staff Spotlight:Luke Ylvisaker: (prounounced YIL-ve-Sah-ker) - February 18, 2019
- News:HITRUST Security Changes - February 6, 2019