Armed with a BA in Economics from the University of Minnesota, Josh Fieldman began his career as a financial planner before transitioning to stock broker, and then eventually as an equity trader. However, just after Y2K, Josh entered the healthcare space as a sales rep for a hearing aid manufacturer. After climbing the corporate ladder for twelve years in the hearing industry Josh moved into Health IT as Vice President of Sales for ABILITY Network, managing the direct sales team during the acquisition of their main competitor.
In 2015 Josh joined the Medicom Health team as Vice President of Sales. His responsibilities include sales, business development, ensuring products meet the needs of customers, and now overseeing the success of our newest product, Rx Savings Assistant. This new platform automatically improves medication adherence and reduces readmissions by connecting qualified patients with prescription savings at discharge – all at no cost to the health system.
One of main reasons Josh came aboard was because he was impressed with not only the team, but Medicom Health’s software. He loved the product, how easy it was to implement, and how quickly health risk assessments show value.
Nearly three years later, Josh is as impressed today with Medicom Health and the team as he was on his first. Each day Josh gets to demonstrate and see the impact our tools have for health systems all over the country. When new clients sign with Medicom, Josh is the first to ring a bell, blow a kazoo and celebrate with the rest of the team. He loves finding new ways to help customers grow.
Fun Facts about Josh:
- Hometown: Born & raised in the Twin Cities
- All-Time Favorite Binge: Breaking Bad
- Hobbies – Cruising on a Harley Davidson motorcycle or hanging with his kiddos
- Brunch Order? Every Saturday morning Josh and his kids are brunching-it-up with ham and cheese omelets or some type of sizzling skillet
- Cat or Dog? Dog
- Favorite quote – “Some play the game, others change the way the game is played.” -Howard Putnam
- Favorite Song: “The Sound of Silence” as covered by Disturbed
- Hidden Skill: Slam poet/cubicle rapper
Latest posts by Michael Venske (see all)
- Tips & Support:Custom Questions Add Value to Your HRAs - May 1, 2019
- Health Month:Mental Health Awareness Month – May 2019 - April 2, 2019
- Staff Spotlight:Meet Meg - March 13, 2019