One of the newest members of the Medicom Health Team, Matt Botkin is an integral part of our newest program, Rx Savings Assistant. When he began the process to find a partner for his MedSocket Coupon Business, his goal was to work with a team that had both a large client base and a great development team that could overcome the many issues they were trying to solve. Once he met Medicom Health’s CEO Will Sigsbee and the rest of the leadership team in early 2018, the discussions began and ultimately Rx Savings Assistant was born. According to Matt, Medicom is more than he had hoped for and everyone on the team has been great to work with.
Matt has always enjoyed being a part of new groups within his corporate roles. Early in his career, he helped launch the expansion of the Outlet division at Sears and was early in the real estate group that looked to lease store space to other retailers. He also started a home building company while he worked at Sears – so it seems the entrepreneurial bug has always been with him.
These days, you can find Matt working with the first group of Health Systems as they get Rx Savings Assistant up and running. He is also working on creating the valuable partnerships needed with Pharmaceutical companies to bring as many offers to the program as possible. To learn more about the new Rx Savings Assistant program, click here.
Fun Facts About Matt:
- Current/Favorite Netflix binge: Working my way through the second season of Star Trek Discovery
- Hobbies: My son is autistic and we love to see movies together. We see one almost every weekend. I collect comics and comic statues with him. I love Cardinals baseball and Blues hockey and spend time watching a lot of Special Olympics events too!
- Going to brunch – what do you order? Typically Eggs Benedict with no Canadian Bacon. Always good with a poached egg.
- Cat or Dog? Dog – I have 2 pugs named Kirby and Jonas.
- Work motto/Favorite quote: I am not sure if it is my favorite, but my dad probably said “Life isn’t fair” a million times when I grew up. So, when adversity happens, I try not to dwell on things I can’t change but try to understand how to go forward in the best way possible.
- Best part of your job: Working on a project that can help people afford their medications. I never realized how many people didn’t take their medications because of cost.
After a recent move to Connecticut, with her husband Justin and children Molly and Max, Tami is excited to join the Client Success team at Medicom Health and looks to be a valued strategic resource to her clients.