Meg Kelly is a voracious reader who’s always held a strong interest in the written word. It was no surprise that during her undergraduate years, she started contributing her own words to the literary world as a freelance content creator. In fact, her first job post-graduation was working as a content specialist at a small marketing firm in Denver, Colorado.
After a few years in the Mile-High City, she decided to move back home to Minnesota and began work as a marketing copywriter for a home shopping network. A few years and thousands of product-blurbs later, Meg was ready for a more challenging role on a smaller and collaborative team. In the summer of 2016, she joined Medicom Health as a Content Creator and Documentation Specialist. Around the same time, Meg began her graduate school career, pursuing a master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC).
During her time with Medicom Health, Meg’s grown into the role of Product Architect and Content Manager. Her background in counseling psychology helped her design Medicom Health’s current line of Behavioral Health HRAs. In addition to constructing v3 HRA designs, her writing appears on our website in the form of various support articles and she has a hand behind the scenes assisting with copy editing, user experience research and creating documentation to support clients in reaching their goals.
The absolute best part of Meg’s work at Medicom Health is how unique and intellectually challenging many of the projects she works on tend to be. Her position is a wonderful combination of detail-oriented work and big-picture thinking, which always keeps her on her toes. There’s no one better or more of a team player than Meg.
In May 2019, Meg will graduate with a MA in CMHC. She plans to continue blending her content and design background in her new pursuit in clinical mental health care.
- Hometown/Places you’ve lived: Born in Denver, grew up in the ‘burbs of St. Paul, Minnesota. Scooted back to Denver (’12 – ’14), but ultimately returned to the Twin Cities for the day-trips.
- Current/Favorite Netflix binge: Aside from an annual Twin Peaks re-watch around Halloween, BoJack Horseman and Fringe are recent favs.
- Hobbies: Yoga, running, soap-making, creative writing, and day-trips around the Twin Cities.
- Going to brunch – what do you order? Definitely eggs benedict. Back-up plan? Omelets.
- Cat or Dog? Historically, cat person. Presently, a hedgehog named Quinn.
- Favorite quote: “The unexamined life is not worth living.” – Socrates
Latest posts by Michael Venske (see all)
- Tips & Support:Custom Questions Add Value to Your HRAs - May 1, 2019
- Health Month:Mental Health Awareness Month – May 2019 - April 2, 2019
- Staff Spotlight:Meet Meg - March 13, 2019