Today, Medicom Health helps over 600 hospitals engage consumers through our line of health risk assessment solutions. Next up: a more clinically-focused patient engagement solution that tackles the problem of medication adherence.
Affordability is a leading cause of medication non-adherence (not taking medications as prescribed). We believe that if we can save patients money on their prescriptions, many of them will fill prescriptions they normally wouldn’t. Our EMR software module matches patient prescriptions to available pharma company discounts. The result: coupons for qualified medications are automatically included on discharge papers. This means more effortless savings for patients, and greater rewards for the health care systems in charge of caring for them.
Increased medication adherence results in benefits to the patient, the health care provider, the payers, and employers. Everybody wins.
To provide electronic access to hundreds of pharma discounts, we have partnered with OptimizeRx Corp. (NASDAQ:OPRX), a leading provider of digital health messaging for the pharmaceutical industry.
Advantages to Patients
- Convenience – Patient does absolutely nothing
- Immediacy – Instant gratification, with prescription
- Universal access – Every qualified patient is included
The result is more patients getting more discounts at the best time.
Value to Healthcare Systems
- Increased pharmacy revenue – More first-fills on-site
- Decreased costs – Less pharmacist time per patient
- Reduced re-admission rates – Improved adherence
- Higher quality metrics – Better patient satisfaction
This maximizes patient access to prescriptions, yielding significant healthcare system rewards.