The secret to Rebecca Howe’s career success may sound like the motto a runner repeats during the race: keep going. Which is fitting because her work is a marathon of digging through requirements and pushing each product across the finish line into production. As Medicom Health’s sole Quality Assurance Analyst, Rebecca acts as the final line of defense for all of Medicom Health’s assessments as well as the newly launched Rx Savings Assistant EMR plug-in.
Rebecca’s mandate is to test tools and solve problems that arise to ensure the content in our digital solutions is up to our client’s rigorous standards. Which means there is pressure involved because QA is the last department to interact with the tools before they are sent to production. Pressure or not, Rebecca enjoys the work and humbly relishes being able to tell developers they’ve made a mistake.
Prior to joining Medicom Health in May 2019, Rebecca worked with some of the biggest names in business: Wells Fargo, 3M, Allianz, Pearson Vue. Though she admits she fell into QA by accident at Pearson Vue. “Originally I was just a temp, but they hired me because I was good at spotting issues.”
As she’s grown into her career, Rebecca realized she prefers QA over other roles like project management because she can make a real difference. To Rebecca, the best part of her job is the job. The technology used is continually changing and learning new programming languages is exciting.
- Hometown – Lived in a house that was haunted for four years. Currently residing in a (non-haunted) house in South St Paul.
- Current/Favorite Netflix binge – SEAL Team, Blue Bloods, and repeats of The Big Bang Theory & Friends.
- Hobbies – Mentoring and training cadets enrolled with the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps program as Supply Officer & Instructor. Additionally, cheering my son, Connor, as he competes in trap, skeet, sporting clays, hockey, football and lacrosse.
- Going to brunch – what do you order? – Buffet!
- Cat or Dog? – Cookie, our dog, is my baby. Also, we have a cat, Tallulah.
- Work motto – “Never fear, Rebecca’s here!”
- Random Trivia – Traveled to Australia to participate as a panelist at International Foster Care Conference.
- Best part of the job – Ensuring the quality of Medicom Health’s products by finding and solving issues.