An interest in human psychology and business led Samantha Ribar to pursue a degree in Human Resource Management at University of St. Thomas. After graduating in 2012, she worked in childcare and contracted accounting roles. Through the process of balancing the books, she discovered a true passion for the financial inner-workings of businesses.
In early 2016 Samantha was ready to grow into a more permanent position. She sent the following query across the internet: “Best place to work in Minneapolis.” Enter, Medicom Health. Samantha applied, and the rest has resulted in over two years of memories, achievements, learning, and growth.
Samantha’s work combines the best of both human resources and accounting. Her role runs on a monthly accounting cycle, though there are times during the year that are busier than others — like open enrollment! While she’s busy reviewing benefit information with employees and ensuring a company refrigerator stocked with LaCroix, she’s also busy making sure invoices to clients are correct and sent in a timely fashion, which helps keep the company on target for growth and further success. All of this and more is why Samantha was awarded the prestigious Medicom Health Core Values Award in February 2018 for her continued demonstration of being “passionately excellent, positively resilient, and dedicated to customer and company.”
Not only is Samantha a dedicated employee who consistently goes the extra mile, but she has a great sense of humor, and is one of the most kind and compassionate people you’ll ever meet. Taking a note from her favorite country bad boy, Johnny Cash, she is always seen wearing an article of black for the poor and beaten down.
The best part of Samantha’s job? Helping the people she cares most about at Medicom Health.
- Hometown/Places lived: Born & live in Minneapolis (but loves St. Paul equally with 8 years spent in Minnesota’s capital city)
- Current/Favorite Netflix binge: The Office & The Good Place
- Hobbies: Concerts, traveling, oversized competitive bar Jenga
- Quote: “Live the life you’ve imagined.” -Henry David Thoreau
- Favorite Hashtag: #bebest
- Favorite Band: The National & Taylor Swift
- Random: Samantha’s a certified scone enthusiast with a blog of celebration set to launch in 2020 tentatively titled: “Scone’On?”
Latest posts by Michael Venske (see all)
- Health Month:Mental Health Awareness Month – May 2019 - April 2, 2019
- Staff Spotlight:Meet Meg - March 13, 2019
- Health Awareness:Heart To Heart: Completion Rates Continue to Climb - February 6, 2019