A medium-sized heath system, in top 10 MSA, was utilizing both Heart and Stroke HRAs with moderately successful completion rates. Seeing a potential in their market to drive more HRA completions, they turned to Medicom Health’s client success team for assistance in improving performance.
To begin with, we analyzed the promotion of both HRAs. We found our client was using appropriate channels and focusing a significant amount of resources on the project. However, there were a handful of customization and implementation tweaks we identified. These included:
- Make minor creative changes to landing pages and the HRA itself
- Implement a shortened legal disclaimer, as opposed to lengthy legal messaging
- Switch from an active checkbox to a passive “I Agree” button to move forward in the assessment
- Decrease the amount of user contact information fields so we only capture those required for communication and measurement
- Remove the secondary marketing communications opt-in from the user contact information form
- Utilize a gated entry on the HRA landing page for specific campaigns, so that users enter their email address before accessing the HRA for marketing to abandoners
Our client looped in other vendor partners involved in the HRA campaign to implement the changes quickly. Also, they were careful to document the updates to track success.
Success – Completion Rates
With our help the client implemented changes over a 2-week span. The completion rates went from the 20-25% range to 45-50%! These were even higher than the overall client average during the same time period. After experiencing this success, the system has added both Back & Neck Pain and Knee & Hip Pain HRAs to their evolving marketing mix.