Facebook campaigns optimized for conversion reporting and using tracking pixels with our HRAs must be updated as a result of Apple’s iOS 14.5 update.
This article outlines how to make changes to your set-up to avoid any disruptions to your ad campaign(s). First, we have registered hra.health as a public suffix domain, which allows us around Facebook’s subsequent limit of 8 tracking pixels for our domain. (See below.)
Note: Your existing URL is still valid and fully functional for use anywhere else.
Next, follow the steps below to implement our solution:
Step 1 – Send Us Your Preferred Subdomain
- In order to move to the new domain, you will need to reach out to us at [email protected] with your preferred short name to prepend to hra.health, for example, mountgeneral.hra.health.
- We will then officially issue your domain and provide you with new embed codes.
- Your old URLS will ALSO continue to work and will still be shown within the Management Portal
- These names are first come, first serve, so if you have a common health system name, keep that in mind.
Step 2 – Validate New Domain with Facebook
- To validate your new hra.health domain with Facebook, you will need to use the Facebook Events Manager to add the domain.
- Then send the TXT DNS record to [email protected] for upload to complete the validation process.
Note: In the coming months we will be including the new domains within our Management Portal.
This issue is triggered by the release of iOS 14.5 and Facebook’s subsequent need to roll out the Aggregated Event Measurement protocol (https://www.facebook.com/business/help/331612538028890?id=428636648170202).
Aggregated Event Measurement limits domains to 8 events that can be used for campaign optimization and thus limit our domain (evaliahealth.com) to a maximum of 8 valid conversion pixels at a time. This is a limit on our domain, not yours. We would only be able to track 8 campaigns for all of our clients. In order to get around this limit, Medicom Health is issuing client specific domains on a new hra.health domain which will be an approved top-level domain. For example, for our demo client of Mount General Health, we would issue https://mountgeneral.hra.health/ alongside the existing https://profilers.evaliahealth.com.
Feel free to contact us with additional questions about Facebook Conversion Changes.