After she moved cross-country from California to Connecticut, Tami took some time with her family to get settled into life on the East Coast. Now she’s back and ready to get down to strategizing.
Like many of us in healthcare marketing, Tami was interested in the industry from early on. But, she didn’t have the desire to spend her time in math and science classes. A short stint at an architecture firm showed her she had a passion for marketing. She took those skills back to the health system. Two decades later she understands the challenges marketers face. Do more with less, keep the doctors happy, acquire new patients versus retain existing patents, adjust budgets to accommodate new media – she’s done it all.
When she learned Medicom Health was hiring, Tami reached out because she understood it was an opportunity to help marketers, like she had been, to grow business with measurable tools. “With a strong understanding of the healthcare marketer’s world, I am so excited to be a valued strategic partner and extension of their team. Engaging people to understand their risk, invest in their health and be proactive consumers is the best role I can think of!”
Hometown/Places you’ve lived
- Cape Town, South Africa
- San Diego, California
- Tucson, Arizona – Bear Down! (University of Arizona)
- Wilton, CT – Hello seasons!
Current/Favorite Netflix/Hulu/Showtime binge
- Homeland, Shameless, Handmaids Tale, The Crown…and old Friends re-runs!
- Travel – soon to be found driving through the South of France in a convertible ????
- Quality Time with my family – Justin and Molly (10) and Max (8)
Going to brunch – what do you order?
- Bagel with Lox and all the fixings