After she moved cross-country from California to Connecticut, Tami took some time with her family to get settled into life on the East Coast. Now she’s back and ready to get down to strategizing.
Like many of us in healthcare marketing, Tami was interested in the industry from early on. But, she didn’t have the desire to spend her time in math and science classes. A short stint at an architecture firm showed her she had a passion for marketing. She took those skills back to the health system. Two decades later she understands the challenges marketers face. Do more with less, keep the doctors happy, acquire new patients versus retain existing patents, adjust budgets to accommodate new media – she’s done it all.
When she learned Medicom Health was hiring, Tami reached out because she understood it was an opportunity to help marketers, like she had been, to grow business with measurable tools. “With a strong understanding of the healthcare marketer’s world, I am so excited to be a valued strategic partner and extension of their team. Engaging people to understand their risk, invest in their health and be proactive consumers is the best role I can think of!”
Hometown/Places you’ve lived
- Cape Town, South Africa
- San Diego, California
- Tucson, Arizona – Bear Down! (University of Arizona)
- Wilton, CT – Hello seasons!
Current/Favorite Netflix/Hulu/Showtime binge
- Homeland, Shameless, Handmaids Tale, The Crown…and old Friends re-runs!
- Travel – soon to be found driving through the South of France in a convertible ????
- Quality Time with my family – Justin and Molly (10) and Max (8)
Going to brunch – what do you order?
- Bagel with Lox and all the fixings
Growing up in a family of providers to critical access hospitals, she took note early on of the importance of quality healthcare and proper outreach. From there she went on the work as a marketing manager for a small system in south central Wisconsin, eventually moving into clinic management and liaison work.
In 2014, she shifted gears to the SaaS-vendor side of healthcare and spent years in the CRM space, where she worked remotely doing client work, running trainings, and developing relationships. A good portion of her time is spent face-to-face with clients talking through operational hiccups, ways to best target consumers, appropriate use of budgets and most importantly – how to measure effectiveness of marketing dollars.
Bridget has a B.S. from the University of Wisconsin – Platteville, M.A. in Public Relations from Webster University and an M.A. in Counseling from Lakeland University. She is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives, Society for Healthcare Strategy & Market Development, and Forum for Healthcare Strategists.
Latest posts by Bridget Thomas (see all)
- Marketing:Data-Driven Marketing For Healthcare - February 19, 2019
- HRA Creation:Benefits of Using a Pre-Built Solution vs. Creating Your Own - February 6, 2019
- Health Awareness Month:‘Tis the Season for Weight Management: They’re Listening – What Are You Saying? - January 2, 2019