Facebook Conversion Changes
If you are currently running a Facebook Campaign optimized for conversion reporting and are using tracking pixels with our HRAs, a new update from Facebook may disable your ad sometime soon!
But don’t worry. We have a solution. We have registered hra.health as a public suffix domain, which allows us around Facebook’s impending limit of 8 tracking pixels for our domain. (See below.)
Note: Your existing URL is still valid and fully functional for use anywhere else.
Here’s what you have to do to implement our solution:
Step 1 – Send Us Your Preferred Subdomain
- In order to move to the new domain, you will need to reach out to us at [email protected] with your preferred short name to append to hra.health, for example, mountgeneral.hra.health.
- We will then officially issue your domain and provide you with new embed codes.
- Note that your old URLS will ALSO continue to work
- These names are first come, first serve, so if you have a common health system name, keep that in mind.
Step 2 – Validate New Domain with Facebook
- To validate your new hra.health domain with Facebook, you will need to use the Facebook Events Manager to add the domain.
- Then send the TXT DNS record to [email protected] for upload to complete the validation process.
- Note: In the coming months we will likely accommodate this step in our Management Portal.
This issue is triggered by the upcoming release of iOS 14.5 and Facebook’s subsequent need to roll out the Aggregated Event Measurement protocol when that happens (https://www.facebook.com/business/help/331612538028890?id=428636648170202).
Apple has not announced a clear timeline for this release, and may not do so. It could be this week, or in the next few weeks. We are ready now as a precaution.
Aggregated Event Measurement limits domains to 8 events that can be used for campaign optimization and thus limit our domain (evaliahealth.com) to a maximum of 8 valid conversion pixels at a time. This is a limit on our domain, not yours. We would only be able to track 8 campaigns for all of our clients. In order to get around this limit, Medicom Health will be issuing client specific domains on a new hra.health domain which will be an approved top-level domain. For example, for our demo client of Mount General Health, we would issue https://mountgeneral.hra.health/ alongside the existing https://profilers.evaliahealth.com.
Feel free to contact us with additional questions about Facebook Conversion Changes.