The “father of the infomercial,” Ron Popeil, coined the phrase “Set it and forget it!” If you’ve ever struggled with insomnia you’ve likely seen Ron on TV late at night selling rotisserie ovens and encouraging the live studio audience to chant with him: “Set it and forget it!” The catchphrase helped Mr. Popeil move over two billion dollars worth of product, but may not be helping you in your pursuits…
Imagine for a moment that you put a chicken in the rotisserie, set it, and forgot about it. What would happen? It’d burn. Or, become so inedible and dried-out your family would wonder why you were trying to recreate the Griswold family Christmas.
There are things in life you can “set and forget,” like some resolution three weeks into the new year, but others require a bit more nuance. Adding an HRA to your digital marketing campaign requires that nuanced approach. In short: “set it, DON’T forget it!”
It’s not enough anymore to add a health risk assessment to your website. How will an HRA help the members of your community if they don’t know the tool exists? HRAs educate consumers, grow service lines, integrate with CRMs to nurture leads, but before any of that can happen the tool needs to be promoted.
Don’t Forget To Promote It
Promote your HRAs and you’ll begin to see them working for you. Place the HRAs were the people who need them most are likely to see them. Promote the free tool in places on your site and social feeds that are relevant to each particular HRA.
- Include a link/button to relevant HRAs on the blog
- Include a link to the HRAs on the homepage image slider
- Consider including a special offer AND promote it on the homepage image slider
- Promote the HRAs on social media
- Promote the HRAs on applicable testimonials
- Encourage attendees at classes, events, and seminars to take the HRAs
- Consider “boosting” or “promoting” posts on Facebook and Twitter respectively
Sometimes it’s difficult to see the forest through the trees. If you need a set of fresh eyes, reach out to your Strategic Client Partner and download our Best Practices guide today.
Latest posts by Michael Venske (see all)
- New Feature:NEW Performance Comparison Feature - September 4, 2019
- Tips & Support:Love Added Value? Comorbidity Data in Heart Assessment Is For You - August 20, 2019
- Tips & Support:HRA Best Practices: 7 Deadly (But Easily Corrected) HRA Sins - June 18, 2019